History of Morningside

The recorded history of Morningside village stretches back to 1586, the year in which the Burgh Muir, or Boroughmuir, was feued. Notes made by City Engineer W.G. Park in the Edinburgh Corporation’s History and Derivation of Edinburgh Street Names, published to coincide with the winding up of the Corporation on 15 May 1975 Edinburgh Corporation, suggest that the area was known as Morningside before this time, but there is no certainty of this.

For more information about the area please follow the link below

Morningside Heritage Association